Offering more than just Protection, the Secret Service watches out for the Nation
Today’s Secret Service serves two missions, protection as well as criminal investigations. While the Secret Service is seen mostly today as the agency that protects the President, it was originally established to investigate counterfeiting of US currency. It was only after the assassination of President William McKinley in 1901 that the Secret Service made protecting the president, among others, its business.
Being a Secret Service Agent requires the ability to carry out both these missions, as an Agent an assignment can take someone any where in the world.
The Secret Service has grown over the years to fulfill many duties. Special Agents take part in investigative missions and protective missions; other agents form the Uniformed Division of the Secret Service. There are many career paths available.
In 1865 the Secret Service was formed as a law enforcement agency and its mandate was to investigate the proliferation of counterfeiting US currency. Through criminal investigations the Secret Service protects the financial systems of the US.
Preventing counterfeiting of US currency plays a big role in achieving this mission. Today, the responsibilities have grown to include computer and telecommunications fraud, false identification of documents, and electronic funds transfers and money laundering to name a few. To stay on top of these crimes, the Secret Service takes a proactive approach to its investigations using advanced technologies. Many of the techniques and technology used are exclusive to them.
The 1994 Crime Bill brought the forensic and technical expertise of the Secret Service into matters involving missing and exploited children. The PROTECT Act of 2003 gave the Secret Service full authorization in this field.
Who the Secret Service Protects
The Secret Service protects the President, the Vice President, and the President-elect and Vice President-elect and the immediate families of the above individuals and other individuals next in order of succession to the Office of the President if the case should arise. Heads of foreign states or governments and their spouses traveling with them and other distinguished foreign visitors to the United States are protected as are official representatives of the United States on special assignments overseas are also protected. An Executive Order of the President can grant protection of the Secret Service to other individuals. They also protect National Special Security events, if designated by the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security.
What does the Uniformed Division do?
The Uniformed Division was established to be the White House Police Force. There are currently more than 1,300 officers in the Uniformed Division. As part of the Uniformed Division, officers are responsible for security at the White House Complex including the Department of the Treasury, the vice president’s residence and foreign diplomatic missions in the Washington, DC area.
The Uniformed Division also provides additional support to the Secret Service’s protective mission through a number of units. These include the Countersniper Support Unit (CS), the Canine Explosives Detection Unit (K-9), the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and the Magnetometers Support Unit, a specialized unit in preventing armed persons in Secret Service protected areas.
In the Secret Service it takes more than just physical protection to safeguard a protectee. In order to prevent an incident before it happens, an agent must do advance work and perform threat assessments on any planned area of travel. The Intelligence Division has spent many years identifying these potential dangers.
To become an agent one must have a bachelor’s degree. A Degree in Intelligence Management, Terrorism and Counterterrorism Studies, or Management of Personal Protection would not only give one the knowledge used in the Secret Service but anywhere in the strategic security industry.
About the Author
Henley-Putnam University is a leading educational institution in the field of Strategic Security. For more information on Henley-Putnam University, Counter Terrorism, or Intelligence Analysis, call 888-852-8746 or visit us online at http://www.henley-putnam.edu
On clubpenguin, how do you do the top secret missions, Clock repairs?
Clock work repairs is in the HQ room, only monators can go.
Club Penguin Mission 7 Walk Through
1. Talk to G. He will explain any and all the problems with the click.
2. Click the monitor of the snow forts that G is pointing to. Notice that a polar bear and a crab will break the clock. Click the corner to exit the clock.
3. Talk to G again. G wants you to find the parts in order to repair the clock.
4. Go into the gadget room and take the Life Guard rescue tube off the shelf. Put it into your inventory.
5. Open up your map and proceed to the dock. Talk to the blue penguins team. Keep clicking on the top of the message so they will let you play a game.
6. How to play the game: To play, you must click and hold the mouse until the bar goes up into the red zone. As soon as it reaches the red zone, let go. Next aim with your mouse and shoot the target. Remember, that the target moves so shoot a little bit ahead of wear the target is going. It takes the snowball longer to travel than where the penguin is from you.
7. Once you win, they will give you the target. Give them back the rescue tube so they can continue to play.
8. Next proceed on to the HQ. Talk to G and notify him that you have to use the Electromagnetic 3000. He will tell you that the combination is, “Key.”
9. Go to the invention cabinet which is left of the entrance into the gadget room. At the bottom of the screen, their is a code. Decode the word, “Key” into the Secret Agent Code and input it into the lock.
10. The lock should open it you have done everything correctly. Now pick up the Magnetron 3000 and go to the Iceberg.
11. Go to the left until you see a “spring-in-an-ice cube” floating in the ocean. Using the Magnetron, pull it out of the water. Put both objects into your inventory.
12. Now go back to the HQ. Go into the gadget room. Take out the ice cube and place onto the test chamber. Pull the red lever and than press the flame button. Now pull the lever again and pick up the spring.
13. Now open your map and go into the town. Talk to rookie and ask him for a poster of the Prime Gear. Place it into your inventory.
14. Go to the Ski Village and talk to the penguins there. They will talk about how the type of snow matters. They will also mention that the Snow Forts has the best snow.
15. Open your map, and go to the Snow Forts. Fill up the green bucket with snow. (Green Bucket at the beach.)
16. Go to the beach and talk to the “yellow” penguin on the chair. He says that he gave a yellow penguin a drawing of a chair and the yellow puffle made it for him. Pick up the green bucket thats next to him on the ground.
17. Open up your map and go to the Plaza. Go inside the Pizza Parlor.
18. Take/pick up the sheet of music lying on the floor next to the piano. Place into your inventory.
19. Leave the pizza parlor and go into the stage. Click on the piano at the stage. Put the sheet of music onto the piano stand. Play the colored notes in order as it says on the music sheet. (Go from left to right when reading of the sheet.) The yellow puffle that is hiding will love it, and will come out from hiding.
20. Now give the puffle the picture of the gear. Next give it the bucket of snow. It will construct a replica of the gear. Place the gear into your inventory.
21. Go back to the gadget room at the HQ.
22. Place the gear onto the Test Chamber. Pull the lever and push the snow flake button. Then pull the lever once again. Take out the hardened gear.
23. Open the map, and go to the Snow Forts. Click on the clock at the snow forts to get behind it. Place the gear in the middle, the “spring” on the upper left, and the target on the outside (on top of the pole). Now exit/leave the clock.
24. The construction worker will cheer. You will get a call on your Spy Agent Phone from the polar bear. He says he underestimated you and that destroying the clock was just a distraction for his so called, “Master Plan.”
25. Go back to the HQ and talk to G. Completed/exit the mission and claim your prizes (Metal and Gift.)
StarCraft 2 Secret Mission – Part 1 of 2 – How To and Walk Through
The Best Kept Secret of Christian Mission: Promoting the Gospel with More Than Our Lips
This book comes out of years of reflection, failures, and some successes in the task of reaching out to others with the gospel. Many Christians think of the task of mission as an entirely verbal activity, when perhaps the best kept secret of New Testament teaching about mission is that it involves a whole range of activities that explicitly promote Christ to the world and draw others to him, and o…
Dark Mission: The Secret History of NASA
The New York Times bestseller about the strange history of NASA and its cover-ups regarding its origins and extraterrestrial architecture found on the moon and Mars is even more interesting in its new edition.Authors Richard C. Hoagland and Mike Bara include a new chapter about the discoveries made by ex-Nazi scientist and NASA stalwart Wernher von Braun regarding what he termed “alternate gravita…
The Open Secret: An Introduction to the Theology of Mission
Aimed at bringing contemporary concerns in mission theology to a wide-reading public, this volume flows from Newbigin’s extensive experience in the mission field and from lectures developed especially to prepare men and women for missionary service. Newbigin describes the Christian mission as the declaration of an open secret—open in that it is preached to all nations, secret in that it is manif…
MOPAR THE SECRET MISSION – ART PRINT POSTER BY ARTIST DANNY WHITFIELD – SIZE 24 X 36
High Quality Art Print…
Spy Guy 10 Piece Toy Secret Mission Set With Look Around Camera
Spy guy 10 piece secret mission set. Outfit your little spy with cool gear for his secret adventures!…
Disney / Pixar CARS 2 Movie Exclusive 155 Die Cast Car 2Pack Mater with Spy Glasses Acer Maters Secret Mission
2011 DISNEY CARS 2 PACK EXCLUSIVE MATER WITH SPY GLASSES AND ACER…
Spy Guy Secret Mission Set
Product Details:Look aroundbinocular Look through the binoculars to see straight ahead. Turn the switch and you can see to the right or left. Disc Shot-squeezeto shoot- send secret messages with the disc shot . Spy I.D. Cards…